Discover the ART of Unplugging!
Have you ever celebrated the National Day of Unplugging? Are you familiar with the concept? The 'National Day of Unplugging' is the first Friday in March. This holiday consists of a 24 hour period to disconnect from technology. Have you ever actually tried that on purpose, and wasn't laid up in bed sick? The concept seems easy enough... no tv, no cell phones, no social media, no computer or tablets for just 24 hours. Easy right? Or maybe frightening? We have truly trained ourselves to be connected to technology 24-7!
It's hard to imagine that just 10-15 years ago we didn't have the technology obsession we have today, and it's no secret that we are missing out on important moments of our lives, as our eyes are constantly glued to the screens! Though the National Day to 'Unplug' is Friday, March 3rd we are celebrating this concept all month long! We encourage you to pick a day, and discover the art of "Unplugging"! Put your phone away, and live in the moment, have actual conversations without chronicling your every move through social media. Here are some ways you can spend your tech free day and feel completely fulfilled!
1. Read a book - enjoy the pleasure of actually flipping pages and getting lost in a good book.
2. Make A Meal - whether you consider yourself a good cook or not, find joy in creating a recipe (from a recipe book) and have fun with your culinary creation.
3. Play a board game - no controllers necessary, sit around the table with family or friends & take a trip down memory lane with some of your old favorite board games.
4. Spring Cleaning - I don't know anyone who actually likes getting started with their spring cleaning, but I know everyone loves the aftermath! Open your windows and find enjoyment getting your digs spick & span!
5. Create a painting at Pinot's Palette - with spring right around the corner, now is the perfect time to create some new spring home decor paintings! Add fun splashes of color to those boring walls, and have fun connecting with your friends during the creating process!
We hope that you take on the challenge this March to 'Unplug' and reconnect with yourself and the ones that matter most!