Wine Facts!We love a good glass of wine here at Pinot's. Here are some things you might not know about vino!
(Image credit: https://www....-pear-sorbet/ )
- There are about 1,300 varieties of grapes grown to produce wines!
- Champagne bottles contain more pressure than the tire of a car. Whoa.
- Wines from warmer climates tend to be sweeter than those in cooler regions, as grapes produce more sugar as they ripen.
- Poor weather conditions contributed to one of the lowest wine outputs in 2017 than has been seen in sixty years.
- Swirling wine in the glass helps aerate it, releasing more aromas that help you taste the flavours better.
- The oldest known winery was found in Armenia, and archaeologists estimate it dates back around 6,000 years! That's a long history of wine.
- Ancient Romans would add lead to their wine to sweeten it. We don't recommend it.
- Tannins in wine are what give it the bitter, astringent feel in the mouth. They are full of anti-oxidants.
- Wine has no cholesterol or fat. That means it's diet friendly, right...?
- The study of wine is called oenology. The fear of wine is called oenophobia. That's one phobia we can't relate to!