Last updated December 29, 2015.
This Policy does not apply to websites and services that display or link to different privacy statements. Websites and services co-branded with other partners may display or link to a joint privacy statement or separate privacy statements of Pinot’s Palette’s partners in addition to our Policy.
What Type of Information Does Pinot’s Palette Collect?
Personal Information of the Customer that may be collected by Pinot’s Palette may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number and e-mail address;
- Birthday and anniversary dates, if the Customer elects to provide it;
- What goods or services were bought, and where and how frequently the Customer bought the goods or services, if bought through Pinot’s Palette’s Services or Sites;
- Device identification, location, and Services near and visited by the Customer, if using a mobile device;
- Written reviews submitted by the Customer to any of the Sites or to any third-party website or service;
- Customer’s likeness and/or voice, if photographed or recorded by Pinot’s Palette during Customer’s use of the Sites and/or Services; and
- Demographic information and information regarding subjects that may interest the Customer, if the Customer took a survey or interacted with Pinot’s Palette in any way.
- Allow “Like” and “Share” buttons to work; and
- Collect Online Use Information about the Customer’s browsing habits and share it with other websites, which then can display advertising that is more relevant to the Customer.
Pinot’s Palette may use web beacons (electronic images) or local shared objects (Flash cookies) on the Sites or in emails to deliver cookies, count visits, understand Customer usage, campaign effectiveness and to recognize whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, Online Use Information can be tied to a Customer’s cookies.
The Customer may choose to remove or reject cookies, but doing so will affect many features or services on the Sites. Pinot’s Palette may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify the Customer. Pinot’s Palette may combine information collected about the Customer with information received from third parties.
How Does Pinot’s Palette Use Information About the Customer?
Pinot’s Palette may use information about the Customer for purposes described in this Policy, or disclosed on the Sites or during the Services. For example, Pinot’s Palette may use information about the Customer to:
- Process and manage the Customer’s purchase and use of Pinot’s Palette products and Services, including accounts and program participation;
- Respond to customer service inquiries, post Customer comments or statements on any blog or online forum maintained on the Sites, or take other actions in response to the Customer’s inquiries or other Site activities;
- Create personalized promotions by combining the Customer’s personal information with non-personal information, such as the amounts and types of purchases made or any benefits received through the Services;
- Communicate with the Customer about orders or purchases, accounts, participating in the Services, participating in any contest or sweepstakes, and any requests for information;
- Communicate with the Customer about the Pinot’s Palette brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers; and
- Reproducing, exhibiting, publishing, or distributing photographs or recordings of the Customer’s use of the Sites and/or Services.
The Customer agrees that Pinot’s Palette may use the information about the Customer collected in accordance with this Policy in its sole discretion. No compensation will be paid to the Customer or any other person as a result of Pinot’s Palette use of such information. The Customer waives any right to inspect or approve the information or Pinot’s Palette’s use of such information, whether the collection of information or the manner in which such information was or is to be used was known or unknown to the Customer. The Customer releases Pinot’s Palette from all claims, demands and liabilities whatsoever in connection with or related to personal information collected under this Policy.
Does Pinot’s Palette Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Pinot’s Palette shares personal information with third parties in limited ways by:
- Sharing personal information about the Customer with others with the Customer’s consent;
- Sharing information with companies that provide support services to Pinot’s Palette (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help market the products and Services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about the Customer to perform their functions on behalf of Pinot’s Palette;
- Sharing personal information posted on the Sites with other forum participants and Site visitors if the Customer participates in any blog or online forum on the Sites;
- Sharing photographs or recordings of the Customer’s use of the Sites and/or Services for the purposes of documenting such use and/or marketing and publicizing the Sites and/or Services; and
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets, or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of the business assets, Pinot’s Palette may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
What Choices Does Pinot’s Palette Offer About Personal Information?
Pinot’s Palette allows the Customer to update or change personal information as well as communication methods by Pinot’s Palette to the Customer. To request a change, the Customer can follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails.
If the Customer opts-out of receiving promotional communications, Pinot’s Palette may still send non-promotional communications, including emails about the Customer’s accounts and ongoing business relations.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Pinot’s Palette takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Customers’ personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Questions and Feedback
Pinot’s Palette welcomes your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
Pinot’s Palette Customer Relations can be contacted online at (713) 77-PINOT(74668), or by postal mail at Pinot’s Palette Customer Relations, 2880 Broadway Bend Drive, Building 1, Pearland, TX 77584.